While credit cards can’t directly get you onto the field or into the stadium, they can offer some perks and benefits that can enhance your NFL game experience. Here are 4 ways to “score” with your credit card when it comes to the NFL:
1. Stream games for free or with discounts:
- Amex Platinum: This card offers a $240 digital entertainment credit annually, which can be used to cover the cost of Peacock, NBC’s streaming service that carries Sunday Night Football.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express or Prime Visa: These cards offer bonus points or cash back on streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, which airs Thursday Night Football.
2. Earn rewards on NFL purchases:
- Barclays NFL Extra Points Credit Card: This card offers unlimited 2 points per dollar spent on qualifying NFL and team purchases, including tickets, merchandise, and stadium concessions. It also comes with a 20% discount on NFLshop.com purchases and 0% APR financing for 6 months on eligible NFL ticket purchases.
3. Access exclusive experiences and perks:
- Certain high-end cards: Some premium cards offer exclusive access to NFL events, meet-and-greets, and other experiences. For example, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card sometimes offers presale access to tickets for major sporting events.
4. Take advantage of cash back or travel rewards:
- Many cards: If you’re not interested in NFL-specific perks, you can still earn cash back or travel rewards on your regular spending, which you can then use to fund your NFL fandom. Look for cards with bonus categories on entertainment or dining, which might include spending at sports bars or restaurants.
Important things to remember:
- Responsible credit card use is essential. Only use these cards if you can pay your balance off in full each month to avoid interest charges.
- Compare offers and choose the card that best suits your needs. Not all cards are created equal, so read the fine print and compare rewards programs before applying.
- Don’t overspend just to earn rewards. Remember, the goal is to enjoy the NFL, not rack up debt.
By using your credit card strategically, you can score some extra benefits and make your NFL experience even more enjoyable.
I hope this gives you some ideas!